Some of the hottest days of summer are upon us! We noticed that 100* weather is predicted for many days on our 15-day planner and that, folks, is nothing to play with. Not only can the heat be uncomfortable, but in some cases dangerous.
The first and most effective thing to do is to ensure that your air conditioner is in working order. If you have not had it serviced yet this summer, it is not too late! For $88 we will come and check your unit to ensure that all parts are in working order and, if necessary, charge your system with 1 lb of Freon, free of charge.
However, we know you won’t be at home the whole summer. So we wanted to provide you with 5 tips on keeping cool while you’re out and about!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! While out and about, keep a refillable water bottle with you and drink BEFORE you’re thirsty!
- Bonus tip: Freeze fruit to use in your water as ice to not only keep it cold but provide a nice fruit twist!
- Wear breathable fabrics! Make sure that the clothing you wear is not too tight and allows your body to cool effectively.
- Hit the pool! When temperatures soar, there is no better place to be than near a cool pool.
- Plan your day around the heat! Since we know it will be hot outside, plan your strenuous or outdoor activities before the heat sets in or later in the day. If you need to mow the lawn, go for a run, or do anything else outdoors, beat the heat by getting these things done early in the day or in the evening after temperatures have cooled.
- Block the sun! If you must be out in the heat, consider wearing a hat to keep the sun off your face and provide some much needed shade.
We hope some of these tips help! And remember, nothing helps more than coming home to a wonderfully climate controlled home so don’t hesitate to call CV3 Mechanical Solutions with any of your cooling needs! Consider signing up for our Service Agreement so you’ll be prepared for both the summer and winter months!
The CV3 Mechanical Team